Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Cornice boards in formal living room

I have four cornice boards in my formal living room that I wanted to recover.  I did get two of them done last weekend.  Since they are 8 foot in length they are quite a challenge.  I decided to do the front corner windows first since that is where I put the Christmas tree.  Here is how they turned out.


Here is the before picture.


They really didn't go with my furnishings in here and my rugs are more red and gold. 


I still need to either find some solid color panels or make some.  My windows are very tall so they have to be over 102 inches in length.

Here is a close up of the pattern.  I was wanting to not have to do any sewing so I put the pattern going sideways instead of down.  I kind of like it this way better.


Now I just need to get the other two done on the other side of the room.  I probably won't start that project until after Thanksgiving.

No comments :

Post a Comment